Shredded Duck, with panzanella, calovo nero, Tuscan bean pate, and balsamic red onion.
Jonathan Howard of Fresh-Pac, Barnsley
- 60g - Sam Browne Foods Shredded Roast Duck Leg
- 2 slices - Toasted Granary Bread
- 30g - Calovo Nero
- 15g - Tuscan Bean Pate
- 15g - Balsamic Red Onion
- 12g - Duck Skin Panzanela
Additional Ingredient Info
Bean pate is a take on a slow cooked italian bean stew often served with cured sausage and ciabatta, a peasant dish at heart. The panzanela consists of raw bread crumbs, crumbed slow roasted duck skin, which is fried in duck fat, to give a flavour packed crunch. Balsamic red onions is in essence a chutney but without as much sugar to provide long term preserving life, as ambient jars of upto 12months. Calovo Nero is lightly blanaced but rich in iron, the italians tasty kale!
Method or Assembly Order
- Lightly toast the granary bread
- Take the first slice and spread 30g Tuscan bean pate
- Top with 30g of blanched calovo nero
- Mix 60g shredded duck, with 12g of panzanela
- Top with duck mix
- Take second piece of toasted granary bread and top with 15g of balsamic onion
- Slice into triangles
- Package / serve
Sandwich Designer of the Year 2015
This sandwich won Jonathan the Sam Browne Foods Shredded Roast Duck Leg category at the Northern Heat.